This Diploma Programme is intended for students who are interested in technical career opportunities to do with electronics communication. The students will be introduced to the concepts of electronics communication engineering technologies, where data is effectively transmitted to various destinations through wires, optic fiber, and wireless technologies. This program presents theoretical and practical analyses of the communication media and the processes that enable the communication equipment to perform its role of transmission.
Foundational generic courses ranging from electronics, radio communication theories, optic fiber technologies, mobile GSM networks, and all main related communication technologies are introduced to pave way for equipment design and network connection.
The Department of ICT and Engineering has collaborations with industrial training organizations using modern expensive industrial equipment. These include companies involved in; the installation, operation, and maintenance of communication devices and equipment.
- This diploma program will prepare students to be technicians with knowledge and skills in the installation, operation, and maintenance of electrical and electronic devices and equipment.
- There is also a need to go for further studies in Bachelor’s degrees in electrical and electronics engineering.
The objectives of this program are to:
- Enable students to understand electronics communications concepts and principles.
- Prepare students to install, operate and maintain electronic communication systems.
- Prepare students to design and implement basic electronic communication systems.
- Equip students with entrepreneurship skills to set up, manage and maintain electronics workshops.
- Prepare students to be creative and innovative and come up with engineering solutions.
At the end of this Program students should be able to:
- Explain electronics communications concepts and principles.
- Install, operate and maintain electronic communication systems.
- Design and implement basic electronic communication systems.
- Use entrepreneurship skills to set up, manage and maintain electronics workshops.
- Be creative and innovative and come up with engineering solutions.
- Direct Entry:
Students entry through the A’ level must have at least One Principal pass in Mathematics or Physics, two subsidiaries at an advanced level of education one of which must be in the principal subject, and at least five passes with at least a credit in Mathematics or Physics at ordinary level in one sitting or it’s equivalent.
- Certificate Entry:
A relevant Certificate from a recognized institution of higher learning with a credit or its Equivalent.
- Mature Age Entry
A candidate must be at least 25 years old and above and score 50 % and above in the mature age examination from an NCHE-recognized Centre.
- A Higher Education Certificate (HEC)
A candidate must have passed a relevant HEC accredited by NCHE with at least a Class III (Pass).