This introductory course is intended for students who seek an overall understanding of cloud computing concepts, independent of specific technical roles. It provides a detailed overview of cloud concepts, AWS core services, security, architecture, pricing, and support.
The term cloud computing refers to the on-demand delivery of IT resources via the Internet with pay-as-you-go pricing. Instead of buying, owning, and maintaining your own data centers and servers, organizations can acquire
- Access to a ready-to-teach curriculum, developed and maintained by AWS
- Regular course updates that reflect releases and best practices
- Hands-on, practical experience using AWS Services
- Complimentary AWS professional training for educators
- Access to AWS Academy Forums, online discussion groups with our global community
- Complimentary practice exams and AWS Certification for educators and students
- AWS Academy digital badges for students who complete courses and educators who meet badging requirements
The course targets students in academic fields related to the information technology (IT) sector and those with more advanced digital skills.