Department of ICT & Engineering
The ICT Department of Uganda Institute of Information and Communications Technology [UICT] offers Diploma and Certificate Programs in ICT and Engineering disciplines. All the Programs shall be completed under a semester system [two years each of two semesters].
The students shall cover theoretical and practical concepts. The programs shall consist of lectures, tutorials, demonstrations, laboratory practical*, student projects*, internship/industrial training*, and study visits/field tours*. Internship/industrial training shall cater for on-job training to increase employability for students to become job ready and get best placements in industry.
ICT Diploma Courses
- Diploma in Information Technology in Science [DITS]
- Diploma in Information Technology in Business [DITB]
- Diploma in Multimedia Technology [DMT]
- Diploma in Computer Technology [DCT]
Engineering Diploma Courses
- Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering [DTE]
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering [DEEE]
Department of Management
The Department of Management of the Uganda Institute of Information and Communications Technology is mandated to offer Management training. The department of management aims to provide students, practitioners, and business people among others, who have not had training in business and management studies with training that is of internationally acceptable standard that offer local solutions to local problems.
It is important to note that the Management department serves the following two groups of student population: students who are seeking to acquire business skills in order to obtain a job, and students who are seeking to gain the necessary skills in order to obtain academic certificates which will allow them to sustain and advance their careers.
Diploma Program’s Include ;
- Diploma in Business Administration (DBA)
- Diploma in Accounting & Finance (DAF)
- Diploma in Procurement & Logistics Mgt(DPLM)
- Diploma in Records and Archives Mgt (DRAM)