The Institute Secretary's office is in charge of the Institute internal affairs/ day today activities like Human Resource, Estates among others.
Institute Secretary's Office Staff
1. Institute Secretary (IS) Mrs. Margaret Wanyama 0312165103
2. Admin Officer Human Resource Ms. Harriet Adongo 0312165126
3. Custodian Ms. Elizabeth Nabitiko 0312165148
4. Store Keeper Mr. Lucas Kahama 0312165146
5. Maintenance Technician Mr. Benard Owori
6. Ag. Security Officer Mr. Charles Okiror 0312165120
7. Secretary, IS Ms. Joan Pereku 0312165100
8. Records Officer Ms. Betty Kyakuwa 0312165100
The Principal is the chief executive of the Institute. He/she gives strategic direction; and administrative and academic leadership at the Institute; and is therefore responsible for:
• Corporate Governance and Management
• Financial management, and control
• Publicity, promotion and public relations
• External liaison
• Overseeing Quality Assurance
ACADEMIC REGISTRAR’S DEPARTMENT
The Department of the Academic Registrar derives its mandate from the University and other Tertiary Institutions’ Act 2001. The department is headed by the Academic Registrar.
Role of the Department
FINANCE & ACCOUNTING FUNCTION
Finance & Accounting Function/Section is strategically located in the Main Administration Block of Uganda Institute of Information & Communications Technology (UICT). It’s headed by the Institute Bursar. It has Four established Officers i.e. Bursar, Assistant Bursar, Accounts Assistant Revenue, Accounts Assistant Expenditure.
Procurement and Disposal Unit
Pre-qualification of providers for works, services or supplies for Financial Year 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16.
For more information please go to downloads.
1. Head PDU Ms. Bako Groria 0312165123
2. Procurement Officer Mr. John Ssebuliba 0312165123
The Library and information service is there to cater for the information needs of Regulators, Operators, UICT students and Instructors, Researchers and Consultants.
The Library houses over about three thousand titles of books, Laboratory Manuals and close to 500 videotapes.
Opening hours are, from Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m
Saturday 9:00 a.m to 12:00.
Subjects covered in the collection are:
- Management & Human Resource Development
- Videotapes and Lab Manuals
Registration and Renewals
The Business Development Centre offers specialized ICT training and consultancy services to enhance the Institute income and also give staff a chance to apply their skills and knowledge to earn additional income. Tailor-made packages to suit the individual and/or organizational needs that can be arranged on request include:
Access Network planning and project Management
Computer and Data Security
Computer Repair, Installation and Maintenance
Data base Systems
Data communication and computer networking
Digital Electronic Systems
Digital radio principles